412 College Ave
P.O. Box 275
Factoryville, PA 18419
Scanner : 155.730mhz
Emergency : 911
The Factoryville Fire Company is looking for volunteers for:
AND donations are always welcome.
For anyone interested in volunteering or donating, contact the Fire Company directly!
The Factoryville Fire Company is located at their new facility at 412 College Avenue, off of Routes 6 & 11.
It supplies fire, rescue and ambulance service to an area of approximately 172 square miles. We serve approximately 3,300 residents of Factoryville Borough, Clinton Township, and portions of La Plume Township. We provide ambulance coverage to Benton, Clinton, Lenox, Lathrop, and Nicholson Townships, plus parts of LaPlume Township and Factoryville Borough. Our coverage area is even bigger now that we have combined ambulance efforts with the Dalton Ambulance Company.
The Fire Company responds to an average of 150 fire and rescue calls and 500 ambulance calls per year. The Fire Company has mutual aid agreements with 10 surrounding Fire Companies. The active membership consists of approximately 25 firefighters, 20 emergency service personnel, 20 members of the ladies auxiliary, and 30 other volunteers who assist with administrative tasks.
Fire company history:
The first Fire Company was named “Langstaff”, after a family who bought the first chemical fire engine in the late 1800s after a large fire in town. The original Fire Hall was located on College Avenue where Print-Ed Products is today. The basement was shared as the fire house and also the town jail. The building burned down, but was rebuilt and used until the 1950’s. The Factoryville Fire Company was chartered in 1932 and purchased their first new Ward La France Fire Truck in 1933.
In the late 1950s and early 1960s, members of the fire company purchased land and built a one story, four truck bay Fire Hall. There was a kitchen, and radio room. All functions that the company had were held in the truck bays. In 1978 the second floor was added. It was used for meetings, storage and trainings. The second floor was renovated in 1996 with a new full service kitchen and central air added. It was bought by Keystone College.
The fire company moved to 412 College Ave. where they utilize the space for all necessary functions as well as community activities. The fire hall can also be rented for private functions.
161 College Avenue
Post Office Box 277
Factoryville, PA 18419